The Ed-Data website is designed to offer educators, policy makers, the Legislature, parents, and the public quick access to timely and comprehensive data about K-12 education in California.
The data displayed on Ed-Data primarily comes from the California Department of Education, with the election data being compiled from a variety of sources.
Users of the site are free to:
- Read, print, share and reuse our articles, graphs and data tables free of charge.
- Download and use data tables as you would any other publicly available data set.
Under the following conditions:
- Uphold copyright or other laws – You do not violate our copyright or other applicable federal, state or local laws.
- Use and share data graphs per the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License. The Creative Commons mark will appear when the graphs are exported. For an easy-to-understand summary of the Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License, click here. This summary is not a legal document. To read the full license, click here.
- Do not use Ed-Data logo without prior permission – Ed-Data is a registered trademark and you may not use it without our permission.
- Do not imply Ed-Data approval or endorsement – You may not use this site or content from the site in any way that suggests Ed-Data endorses you or your use.
- Use the site “as is” – Ed-Data tries to keep this website current, operational, virus-free, and safe; however, you use this site at your own risk. This website is provided “as is” without any express or implied warranties.